Mariastein Youth Hostel
The village of Mariastein is close to the French border at the end of the Leimen valley, 15 km from Basle. Rotberg youth hostel is enthroned on a cliff, facing the village of Mariastein, on the slopes of the Blauen and surrounded by forests.
Places to visit nearby
- The cloister of Mariastein (guided tours on request)
- Castle ruins at Landskron, Pfeffingen and Dorneck
- Electricity museum in Münchenstein
- Paper museum in Basle
- Goetheanum in Dornach
- Basle zoo
From Basle main SBB station, walk through the underpass to Basle Heuwaage (5 minutes) and take tram no. 10, in the direction of Flüh-Rodersdorf, to Flüh. Continue your journey by postal bus to Rotberg (request stop). The castle is accessible on foot.
The youth hostel has no car parking spaces. A limited numbers are at branch-off Mariasteinstrasse/Rotbergstrasse
- 01 Mar 2013 - 15 Dec 2013
- 01 Mar 2014 - 14 Dec 2014
- 3 rooms with 2 beds with lavabo
- 3 rooms with 10 beds
- 1 room with 12 beds
- 1 room with 14 beds
- 1 room with 16 beds
- 1 room with 2 beds in the tower
A total of 80 beds.
Shower/WC on the floor.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal on request
- Lunch and packed lunch on request
- Special menus and events on request
- Self-service kitchenette for groups available (only on reservation)
- A knight's chamber with cheminee for 45 people
- 2 recreation rooms for 40 and 50 people
- Playground with barbecue and table tennis
- Table football in the inner ward
- Flip chart, screen
- Various games for groupes
- Hiring of the entire youth hostel or of rooms on request