30 rooms of the Youthpalace Davos have barrier-free access, and 60 beds are disability-friendly. The door widths vary between 74cm and 80cm
The main entrance can only be reached via a flight of steps. However, there is a side entrance at ground level located at the rear narrow side of the building. Please call the reception upon arrival.
All rooms are wheelchair accessible, and can be reached using the elevator, which connects all 7 storeys. The width of the corridor in front of the elevator is 250cm. The width of the elevator door is 79cm, the width of the elevator 90cm and the depth of the elevator 116cm. The roof terrace on the 8th storey is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible.
The ramp has a very steep slope.
|Room||Accessible beds per room|
|4 four beds room with shower/WC||2 beds|
|5 double rooms with shower/WC*||2 beds|
|21 rooms with four beds and shower/WC*||2 beds|
*The washrooms do not have a disability-friendly infrastructure.
A disability-friendly shower/WC is located on the 3rd storey.
From Davos Dorf Railway Station, 900m, approx. 15 Swiss Trac minutes
From Landquart Railway Station take the Rhätischen Bahn to ‘Davos Dorf Station’. Take the local bus line 1, 2, 3, 4 or 7 to the stop ‘Schiabach’. Now go back some 100m along the ‘Promenade’, and turn left into ‘Horlaubenstrasse’. Continue along the road uphill for approx. 400m.
The Youth Hostel is located at the first sharp left-hand curve (sizeable Kurhaus Building). Pass the main entrance in order to access the rear (south-western) side of the building. Level access is available here. Please call the reception in order to enable the doors to be opened. The youth hostel has only normal, chargeable parking spaces. Please ensure you make an advance reservation. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of the official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
Swiss Trac is recommended, as the path to the Youth Hostel is very steep.
- Rhätische Bahn
- Information about public transport for people in wheelchairs (website only in German, French and Italian)
- Swiss Railways (SBB)
- Angelos Taxiunternehmen, Phone: +41 81 416 73 73
Amavita Apotheke Flüela
Phone: +41 58 851 32 25
- "Davosersee Rundweg", route no. 704
- Wheelchair hiking routes, a variety of ‘pram-friendly hiking routes’ which can also be recommended for wheelchair users. Information: Davos Tourismus, Phone: +41 81 415 21 21
- Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF (Building is accessible for people in wheelchairs)
- Mobility International Switzerland: barrier-free excursions and activities