Grindelwald Youth Hostel
Best of the Alps - have fun in the Grindelwald youth hostel! It is undoubtedly one of the most comfortable hostels in the Alps. The welcoming cosiness has remained, but modern bedrooms and practical facilities for groups and families have now been added. More than ever before, the youth hostel is a rendezvous for sport fans and young guests from all over the world who want to experience the impressive world of the mountains around Grindelwald.
A place in the sun.
The youth hostel is fully equipped to accommodate different guests together. The same applies for individual travellers from all over the world. Forget the venerable youth hostel sleeping bag; with us you dream under a duvet. You stay either in the rustic main building or in the modern, functional annexe. The main house still bears all the hallmarks of the original Grindelwald construction method. The room with the fireplace and the various recreation rooms radiate that cosiness which is so typical of houses in this area.
Your local discounts
- Guests get the Guest card all the year round at the hostel reception.
Your member benefits
Via Interlaken-Ost railway station (SBB/BLS) on the Bernese Oberland railway to Grindelwald. From Grindelwald station by bus in the direction of "Bodmi" to the «Gaggi Säge» stop, then it's a 2 minutes walk to the youth hostel. Alternatively you can walk from the station in about 15 minutes (signposted). Last bus ride: 6.44 pm.
The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces. During the winter months, snow chains may be mandatory. Access for coaches not permitted.
- 13 Dec 2013 - 05 Apr 2014
- 03 May - 19 Oct 2014
- 18 Dec - 31 Dec 2014
4 - 10 pm
7.30 - 10 am
- 2 rooms with 2 beds
- 5 rooms with 4 beds
- 6 rooms with 6 beds
- 1 room with 9 beds
- 5 rooms with 2 beds and shower/WC
- 12 rooms with 4 beds
- for max. 4 persons
A total of 131 beds.
Showers and WC on the floor.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal from 6 - 7.30 pm (on pre-booking only)
- Lunch for groups and packed lunch on request
- Vegetarian menus by prior arrangement
- Room with fireplace
- Playroom with table tennis and table football
- Board games and musical instruments (piano, guitar)
- Large sun terrace
- Play area with swing and slide
- Laundry for guests
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi
- Discover the 213 km of slopes in the subregions Grindelwald-First, Kleine Scheidegg-Männlichen and Mürren-Schilthorn.
- The youth hostel is 150 m away from the “Gaggi” bus station, which is where the ski shuttles depart.
- Distance between Grindelwald main station and the train station going to: Kleine Scheidegg: 1.3 km, Firstbahn 2.4 km, Männlichen GGM:3km
- More info about winter activities in Grindelwald
- Operating Information