St. Moritz Youth Hostel
A top modern youth hostel with a dazzling location: a holiday paradise for summer and winter. Breathtaking panoramas, a valley of seemingly endless vistas, fascinating contrasts and unique skies. St. Moritz is a world-famous, glamorous centre of attraction amidst the ancient, harsh natural environment of Upper Engadine. And at its centre the Youth Hostel. The building, positioned on the edge of the forest in St. Moritz, has an open and uncomplicated atmosphere.
Sporting and casual – a Youth Hostel with a splendid future
The Youth Hostel is an ideal starting point for varied activities at any time of the year. Skiing, cross-country skiing, hiking, cycling, everything is just a few minutes away. Following a long day out and about in the great outdoors, the cosy foyer with a crackling fireplace is the ideal place to relax and recuperate.
Your local discounts
(Available at the hostel reception)
- 15% discount on admission charge Water Park “Bellavita”
- 30% discount on sauna and steam bath at Hotel Laudinella
- 10% discount on sports equipment and rental at Boom Sport
The refurbishment of our hostel in St. Moritz was financially supported by:
Amt für Wirtschaft und Tourismus Graubünden
Uffizi per economia e turissem dal Grischun
Ufficio dell'economia e del turismo dei Grigioni
From St. Moritz station, take local bus no. 3 to the "Hotel Sonne" stop, then a further ten minutes on foot in the direction of the forest. In high season the local bus no. 9 stop right outside the hostel.
The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended.
(from St. Moritz Railway Station)
From St. Moritz Railway Station it is about 3 minutes by wheelchair to the bus stop ‘Schulhausplatz’. From here, take the No. 9 bus in the direction of St. Moritz Bad, and alight at the bus stop ‘Youth Hostel’. The bus stop is located in the immediate vicinity of the Youth Hostel.
The youth hostel has a chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking space, for which advance reservation is essential. Location: about 10 m away from the main entrance. Further parking spaces are located behind the building. The parking spaces and the forecourt are paved in asphalt and concrete.
We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
- 7 am - 11 pm
- May and Nov 8 -10 am / 5 - 9 pm
- 3 - 11 pm
- May and Nov 5 - 9 pm
- 7 - 10 am
- May and Nov 8 - 10 am
- 13 rooms with 2 beds and washbasin
- 16 double rooms with shower/WC
- 8 rooms with 4 beds and shower/WC
- 54 rooms with 4 beds and washbasin
A total of 306 beds including 3 modern rooms with shower/WC, suitable for wheelchairs.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied 4-course evening meal (in high season incl.)
- Lunch and packed lunch for groups on request
- Special events on request
- 5 day rooms
- 1 bistro room
- 1 fireplace room
- 2 game rooms
- Children's game room
- Ski and waxing room
- Grassed play area
- Table tennis and table football
- Laundry room for guests' use
- Rent a Bike: Bike rental at reasonable prices
- Free WiFi
- 350 km of groomed slopes
- Corviglia, Corvatsch and Diavolezza are stunning to ski. From the known large areas up to the smaller family-village ski lifts are erverywhere in the largest winter sports region of Switzerland.
- Local bus n°9 departs every half hour just in front of the hostel to get you to the wide snow sport region”Corviglia”
- The signal path is a 5-minute bus ride away from the youth hostel. The walk to the station is about 1 km away and can be reached in 15 minutes.
- Over 200 km long: the superb Engadin St. Moritz cross-country
- skiing network
- The upper Engadin is home to around 270 km of winter hiking trails. The flat winter hiking trails from Maloja to Silvaplana and St. Moritz are ideally suited for families.
- More info about winter activities in St. Moritz
- Slope report
- Cross-country report
- Hiking report
- Weather forecast