Valbella Youth Hostel
An attractive building in a beautiful holiday region – perfect. Valbella-Lenzerheide has a great deal to offer. During the winter months, the slopes provide ample ski sporting opportunities. In the summer, the region focuses on mountain biking and trekking. The holiday paradise is ideal for families, the young and groups, the youth hostel caters superbly to all these needs.
The refreshed and refurbished Valbella Youth Hostel above Lake Heid. The comprehensively renovated building reopened its doors to guests in December 2006. The view across Lake Heid, the mountainous landscape and the ski piste located directly adjacent to the building is grandiose, and the only one which has remained unchanged.
The modern youth hostel has an attractive minimalist design and functional room layout. The reception area is open-plan. Comfortable chairs invite guests to linger, and the expansive windows provide plenty of light. The youth hostel’s architectural effect is contemporary, yet reminiscent of pictures from the pioneering age of tourism in Grisons. The youth hostel is now also accessible for guests with disabilities.
MINERGIE® building practices were applied during the conversion and new construction work. This standard is ecologically sustainable, and was also deployed in conjunction with the Zermatt Youth Hostel. Energy for heating and hot water is provided by wood (pellets) and sunlight (collectors).
Your local discounts
(Available at the hostel reception)
- Day card for mountain railways for CHF 15.- instead of CHF 39.-
By postal bus from Chur to the bus stop “Post Valbella” in about 30 minutes and then a 25-minute walk to the youth hostel. Junction “Valschameala, Sartons” at the local entrance.
The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended.
From Chur Railway Station take the Postauto to the bus stop ‘Post Valbella’. Not all Postautos offer wheelchair access, further information is available under the number +41 58 386 31 66.
From the bus stop ‘Post Valbella’ around 1.3km uphill (30 minutes by foot). Swisstrac is recommended, as the route to the Youth Hostel is very steep.
The youth hostel has a chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking space, for which advance reservation is essential. Distance: approx. 30m from the main entrance. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
- 6 Dec 2013 - 5 Apr 2014
- 14 Jun 2014 - 19 Oct 2014
- 06 Dec 2014 - 31 Dec 2014
- 3 rooms with 2 beds and shower/WC
- 11 double rooms with shower/WC
- 6 rooms with 4 beds and washbasin
- 10 rooms with 4 beds and shower/WC
- 8 rooms with 6 beds and washbasin
A total of 140 beds.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal (3-course menu), included in winter
- Lunch on request
- Packed lunch on request
- Training room (for approx. 25 persons)
- Dining and day room
- Cosy lounge
- Games room with table tennis and table football
- Ski and boot room
- Bike room
- Adjacent to the skilift
- Sun terrace with view of the lake or valley
- Garden with kids playground
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi
School classes can spend its winter camp at Valbella Youth Hostel in the weeks (Monday to Friday) from 13-17 Jan 14, 20-24 Jan 14, 2-7 Feb 14, 24-28 Feb 14, 10-14 Mar 14 and 17-21 Mar 14.
- We are located directly next to the ski lift Valbella (50 meters from the ski lift and the blue slope no 68b away).
- 225 km of slopes with 42 modern transport system in the most biggest ski resort of the Grisons – Arosa Lenzerheide
- The winter hiking routes lead you to the most beautiful spots in the high valley.
- More info about winter activities in Valbella
- Winter sports report