Valbella Youth Hostel
An attractive building in a beautiful holiday region – perfect. Valbella-Lenzerheide has a great deal to offer. During the winter months, the slopes provide ample ski sporting opportunities. In the summer, the region focuses on mountain biking and trekking. The holiday paradise is ideal for families, the young and groups, the youth hostel caters superbly to all these needs.
The view across Lake Heid, the mountainous landscape and the ski piste located directly adjacent to the building is grandiose, and the only one which has remained unchanged.
The modern youth hostel has an attractive minimalist design and functional room layout. The reception area is open-plan. Comfortable chairs invite guests to linger, and the expansive windows provide plenty of light. The youth hostel’s architectural effect is contemporary, yet reminiscent of pictures from the pioneering age of tourism in Grisons. The youth hostel is now also accessible for guests with disabilities.
MINERGIE® building practices were applied during the conversion and new construction work. This standard is ecologically sustainable, and was also deployed in conjunction with the Zermatt Youth Hostel. Energy for heating and hot water is provided by wood (pellets) and sunlight (collectors).
Your local discounts
- Discount H2Lai (valid for openings Jan-Dec): entrance adult CHF 9.- instead of CHF 11.-, entrance and wellness adult CHF 23.- instead of CHF 27.-, entrance children CHF 5.- instead of CHF 7.-
- Free cableway tickets – valid from the day of arrival and for the entire stay in the summer season 2016
- Free arrival with public transport from Chur to Valbella (condition: overnight stay and ski pass, valid Dec-Apr)
- 10% discount on Swiss River Adventures rafting tours on the Vorderrhein.
Further member benefits
By postal bus from Chur to the bus stop "Valbella Dorf" in about 30 minutes and then a 20-minute walk to the youth hostel. Junction "Valschameala, Sartons" at the local entrance.
The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended.
From Chur Railway Station take the Postauto to the bus stop "Valbella Dorf". Not all Postautos offer wheelchair access, further information is available under the number +41 58 386 31 66.
From the bus stop "Valbella Dorf" around 1.3km uphill (30 minutes by foot). Swisstrac is recommended, as the route to the Youth Hostel is very steep.
The youth hostel has a chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking space, for which advance reservation is essential. Distance: approx. 30m from the main entrance. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
- 10 Jun - 23 Oct 2016
- 02 Dec 2016 - 02 Apr 2017
- 09 Jun - 22 Oct 2017
- 01 Dec - 31 Dec 2017
- Summer: 4 - 9 pm
- Winter: 4 - 10 pm
8 - 10 am
- 3 rooms with 2 beds and shower/WC
- 11 double rooms with shower/WC
- 6 rooms with 4 beds and washbasin
- 10 rooms with 4 beds and shower/WC
- 8 rooms with 6 beds and washbasin
A total of 140 beds.
Good to know
All Swiss Youth Hostels can be booked on site.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal (4-course menu)
- Lunch on request
- Packed lunch on request
- Training and TV room (for approx. 25 persons)
- Dining and day room with panorama windows
- Kiosk at the reception
- Cosy lounge
- Games room with table tennis and table football, pinball and air hockey
- Children’s play area
- Ski and bike cellar
- Boot and dress room with secomat
- Adjacent to the skilift
- Sun terrace with panorama view
- Garden with natural kids playground
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi